About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
A key leader of BR finance, this position leads the BR Specialty Global Company Planning team. The Company Planning team plays an integral role developing the annual operating budget & monthly forecast for sales, gross margin, and inventory metrics, while also helping drive profitable in-season inventory management. This team partners cross-functionally to turn financial commitments into actionable recommendations and strategies. They also play a crucial inventory control role, managing the inventory Line of Credit process with the Corporate Finance team. Primary business partners include the BR leadership team, Inventory Management, and Brand Finance leadership.
What you'll do
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop short and long range sales, margin, and inventory targets for BR Brand stores and Online channels that support the company’s financial objectives
- Develop in-season forecasts that drive the cross-functional team to maximize inventory productivity and top-line sales/margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to the company forecast.
- Manage the credit line process for BR, ensuring inventory positioning across markets aligns with business trends.
- Deliver consistent and compelling weekly business updates that provide concise, fact-based diagnostics regarding business performance, thereby facilitating timely decision-making.
- Managing marketing and promotional effectiveness based on analytics and customer behavior, and driving the development and execution of the commercial operating plan.
- Take initiative and explore ways to better understand competitors, industry performance and macro-economic trends as relevant for development of financial plans.
- Provide leadership, management, and guidance to staff of finance professionals.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus. 7-10 years of work experience, preferably with inventory management and/or retail planning and forecasting experience. 3-5 years of experience supervising others.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Emphasis on interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead influential conversations with executive management and to articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate business strategy. Ability to present to senior leadership required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with a large amount of detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
- Advanced to expert competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Essbase experience a plus.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees