To date, Everlane has built a strong brand mainly driven by its online presence. This year, we are accelerating our growth and thinking through how we can open more physical stores to our customers — adding to the two successful stores we have in New York and San Francisco.
As the Head of Store Development, you will lead the construction, planning, facilities/preservation, and real estate functions at Everlane. You will develop strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution and measuring results — while providing functional expertise to the company. This role is based in San Francisco and will report directly to the CEO.
Join our mission and be a part of a team that's reimagining retail and innovating on ways we can bring an already established brand to the physical world.
The Ideal Candidate
- Lead and drive all key elements of store development for Everlane’s physical spaces (retail, concept, events, and more) and build capability/processes
- Contribute to store development business goals with construction and real estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores
- Build stores within parameters of individual store budgets and make requirements with Design based on direction from the leadership team
- Work cross-functionally with the Creative team to deliver on design intent/direction and adjust to changes in consultants/architects —partner to identify exceptions and propose buildout solutions
- Oversee landlord/general contractor negotiation processes including the review of all leases, landlord submitted materials and scope of work details
- Develop and execute best practices in running RFPs, budgeting, bidding and negotiation, where appropriate
- Oversea facilities and preservation through repairs and maintenance including major capital expenditure projects
- Build an effective team; challenge and inspire team members to achieve business results
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of construction management and retail real estate (site acquisition) experience, management of 15+ projects per year
- Experience working within a brand store design/construction department, building first class stores in street and development environments
- Adept knowledge of Microsoft Suite with particular emphasis on Excel
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proven track record of leading teams by providing coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities