The Manager will represent Retail Academy curriculum and programs in our San Francisco of this role will be design and enhancement of the Retail Academy Business Bootcamp curriculum and the effective delivery of Business Bootcamp curriculum for new hires and Retail Management Program trainees. They will ensure learning and development objectives are achieved through effective audience engagement, coaching and teaching of general education and inventory management processes, systems and tools.
The Manager will develop, and enhance learning solutions based on changing business needs. This role is part-time and located in San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Facilitation Delivery
- Facilitate functional specific and general education learning via multiple vehicles, such as instructor led training (ILT), leader-led learning, web based, self-study, blended learning and e-learning
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and behavior change to align with development goals and achieve learning objectives
- Global delivery of content includes general education courses, Inventory Management processes, systems/tools and cross functional transfer of information
- Reinforce development learnings through follow-on learning activities
- Works independently with minimum direction
- Provide coaching and support to ensure successful delivery of learning
- Audience Engagement
- Understand audience needs and business drivers and adapt facilitation style to meet those needs
- Facilitate challenging and thought provoking discussions and encourage participation by asking open-ended questions and leveraging participant comments
- Serve as a development change advocate to socialize and reinforce taking responsibility for one’s own learning and growth
- Assess quality and success of programs and share feedback to validate effectiveness and suggest improvement
- Assess new hire understanding post class and provide follow-up support where needed.
- Share assessment and observations with the Directors, and/or program owner, as appropriate
- Content Creation
- Provide delivery perspective (SME, delivery vehicle, piloting) to program/curriculum owners during conception, design and development of curriculum
- Update and/or create content to meet business needs by business-specific examples, activities and tone
- Designs solutions using a standard solution development life cycle
- Localize content to meet business needs by adapting existing curriculum to meet new hire understanding through tone, examples and activities.
- Support translation process by reviewing drafts for ability to implement, change behavior and meet business needs
- Ensure partnership and buy-in from executive and functional sponsors on curriculum
Who you are
- Facilitation – present concepts clearly, articulate key distinctions, and lead rich discussions suited to the audience’s needs
- Coaching – provide timely coaching and feedback to help individuals and groups strengthen a specific knowledge or skill area
- Building Partnerships – identify opportunities and take action to work collaboratively and build strategic partnerships with senior leaders from various departments to help achieve business goals
- Content Localization – adapt instructional content to meet local needs by applying basic instructional design knowledge and concepts
- Change Management – facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the organization
- Trend Analysis – analyzing data to identify themes and trends and providing this feedback to those individuals who can take action for improvement
- Influencing and Persuasion – use appropriate interpersonal style and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea from business partners
- Strategic Decision Making – obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving goals and committing to a course of action to accomplish set goals
- Managing Competing Priorities – effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure multiple priorities are balanced and managed successfully
- Managing Complexity – effectively identifying, breaking down, and managing difficult situations and work tasks
- Business Unit Knowledge – gaining in depth understanding of key business unit drivers, strategic goals, concerns, and pain points to effectively support the organization
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks, structures, processes and culture
- Verbal and Written Communication – clearly conveying information and ideas through verbal and written communication to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Technology – having achieved a satisfactory level of technical skill in select computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and web usage
- Experience required: 3+ years of Gap Inc. Inventory Management or Merchandising with proven strong facilitation experience.
- Strong understanding of systems and tools
- Strong communication and proven track record in understanding the cross functional team
- Minimum education: Bachelor degree.