Job DescriptionOur past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. Merchandise Handler FT with BenefitsWorks with peers to prepare and move merchandise according to established safety, production, and accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the DC. Performance will directly impact overall safety, cost and service metrics.
- Loads and unloads cartons.
- Performs data entry through computer terminals or Remote Data Terminals (RDT)
- Performs ticketing, stocking, picking, packing, counting, housekeeping and safety functions, such as:
- Inbound – Receives all inbound cartons, performs any needed quality audits, updates system, and palletizes cartons
- Picking – Locates merchandise based on system and accurately completes order and sends to shipping.
- Stocking - Drives PIV and moves cases in and out of inventory working in elevated areas.
- Operates motorized material handling equipment as required based on department and facility requirements.
- Understands team objectives and service requirements within assigned work area by listening and asking appropriate questions to identify basic customer needs and seeks clarification.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks
- Maintains and exceed production quotas and goals
- Must be able to work extra shifts/hours as needed
- Communicates daily with team members and management about operational procedures.
- Supports campus safety program
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as assigned
- Make accurate and efficient inventory counts and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to understand and communicate oral and written instruction
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and constructive tone with team members and management
- Understand and be able to learn industry specific technology
- Must be licensed prior to operating motorized material handling equipment
- Must be able to read and write English
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons for up to 12 hours at a time.
- Stand for long periods of time and walk continuously
- Associates may be required to lift up to 50lbs on a continuous basis over a shift. Specific weight requirements may vary within each department
- Base schedule of eight - ten hours per shift; overtime schedules will vary however may reach up to 12 hours per shift and is required of all employees
- The physical climate varies; hot and cold extremes may be experienced
- Specific functions may require protective equipment
- Drug and Alcohol free work environment
- Wear protective equipment and shoes with rubber soles and closed toes, as required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employeesGap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.