Job DescriptionInfluential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
The Manager, Facilities and General Services – Central and Canada, based in Gucci’s New York Corporate Office, is responsible for overseeing the overall repairs and maintenance, facility operation and continued architectural requirements of the Central, Mid-Atlantic and Canada region stores, including U.S. and Canada. The Manager will work closely with store Operation Managers and vendors/contractors to identify problems, develop short and/or long-term sustainable solutions and coordinate all work. The scope includes scheduling, coordinating, negotiating, as well as following through of all Central, Mid-Atlantic and Canada retail facilities maintenance such as HVAC, cleaning, MEP, fire protection systems, elevator inspections, general repairs as well as store close outs.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Maintain relationships with all Store Directors and Operations Managers;
- Assist the team in coordinating small scale layout improvements such as fixture reconfigurations and special project installations in collaboration with Store Planning and Worldwide team;
- Identify problems and work on solutions, coordinating with the Store Directors and vendors;
- Liaison with the store teams, Visual Merchandising as well as vendors to ensure minimal store/business interruption;
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance of stores through Service Channel (website and app);
- Drive and implement the use of Service Channel with all Store Directors, Operation Managers and vendors;
- Review all cost proposals, challenging where needed;
- Maintain status update of costs and schedule for review with Senior Manager of Facilities and General Services;
- Develop and maintain cost summary of all maintenance work (OPEX and CAPEX maintenance) reviewing with Finance and Senior Manager, Facilities and General Services;
- Make periodic site visits to ensure store conditions are up to Gucci regional and WW standards;
- Keep track and maintain all records for floor plans, specs, materials and preferred vendor list for each store and corporate location;
- Review installations on site as required, verifying that repairs and lay-out improvements are being installed correctly;
- Review and approve proposal and invoices on a timely basis;
- Follow up with outstanding repairs and maintenance issues;
- Provide status update to Senior Manager, Facilities and General Services regularly;
- Address urgent facilities issues immediately;
- Escalate any issue to Senior Manager of Facilities and General Services as needed;
- Maintenance of all relevant files;
- Any other facilities and general services work in Central, Mid-Atlantic and Canada as directed by Senior Manager, Facilities and General Services.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience;
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Service Channel;
- Knowledge of standard quality means and materials in construction and millwork for luxury retail environments;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have excellent follow through and be highly organized;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to take initiatives and take charge of work without daily supervision;
- Comfortable working with various departments, stakeholders, internal and external;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction administration field;
- Light lifting required occasionally for events setup;
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis – 25 – 30%.