About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
The Allocation Planner drives the creation, management and execution of allocation strategies and inventory plans that support the financial goals and product strategies for their area of responsibility.
What you'll do
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Create seasonal Inventory allocation strategies that support the Investment review strategy, develop contingent plans to offset inventory risks
- Track and forecast current/projected inventory levels throughout product pipeline to ensure smooth execution of strategies
- Identify and support VMI/Basics product plans in line with style/class level allocation and financial forecasts, partner and negotiate with Inventory Management on future receipts
- Identifies, prioritizes and communicates store inventory callouts, DC capacity constraints, or other business issues in a timely manner
- Drive additional ad-hoc reporting as needed to assess business and to assist in driving for solution
- Inform the cross functional team on inventory health that supports the commercial plan
- Frequently assess and recommend strategy adjustments to cross functional team and leadership
- Collaborate with the cross functional team to align on investment quantities and flow forecasts
- Validate department inventory sales forecast by ensuring stores on hand inventory does not fall below target; communicate issues to the cross functional teams
- Drive forecast accuracy in Demand Forecast, track receipt projections, and in-season allocation strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees