Job DescriptionSHHHOWERCAP is seeking an Operations and Inventory Planning Associate to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for managing inventory as it flows through the supply chain, starting with accurate forecasts and planning, tracking inventory through the production cycle to finished goods, and ensuring there is the correct inventory mix of goods ready to ship from our warehouse.
They will be the main point of contact with the 3PL, handling all communication about inventory and ecommerce and wholesale shipments. They will report directly to the VP of Operations and provide daily support to the Director of Global Sales. This person should have experience generating inventory forecasts and working with the production team to ensure timely delivery. They will have already worked closely with a 3PL that managed both ecommerce and wholesale fulfillment. They should be very familiar with wholesale routing guidelines and shipping systems, including EDI. This person is meticulous, detail-oriented, and very comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. They are a natural problem solver and are always 3 steps ahead of any issue that could arise. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage inventory levels for ecommerce, wholesale, and additional channels, ensuring we always have the correct product mix in stock
- Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasts for inventory and ensure business needs are met
- Ensure all wholesale shipments are processed on time and in compliance with customer’s routing guides and shipping instructions
- Proactively lead all communication with the 3PL, encouraging accuracy and speed for every single order
- Work with the finance and accounting team to ensure clients are properly invoiced via the correct channels and payments are tracked
- Track inventory at every stage of the production process. Work cross-functionally with production and finance teams on inventory reports and valuations.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented; obsessed with process and systems
- Experience with wholesale fulfillment, EDI, and routing systems (TMS, VEX, tradestone, etc.) required
- Proven expertise analyzing sell-through data and generating inventory plans that scale
- Advanced knowledge of Google spreadsheets and Excel
- Excellent time-management skills, deadline-driven, able to prioritize, cool under pressure
- Communication is key. You are clear and concise in your communication style and confident working with a wide variety of partners.
- Able to quickly learn new processes and systems
- You are a motivated self-starter, and problem solver, with a proven track record of being a collaborative team player
- You are passionate about design, fashion, and innovation keeping up to date with trends and publications
- You know that you shouldn't wash your hair every day.