This position is based in Brisbane, CA and will report to Senior Manager of Copywriting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Authenticate luxury products by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, and hallmarks) and evaluating the quality of materials and construction.
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition and acceptance standards (Quality Control).
- Write informative product descriptions using industry-standard fashion terms.
- Price merchandise based on retail value, condition, and style.
- Data Entry (Provide pertinent product information such as measurements and fabrication).
- Minimum 1 year of luxury fashion experience (retail included).
- Strong fashion knowledge – Top designers and brands, current trends, garment construction, etc.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to consistently meet daily department goals.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration.
- Passionate about continuous learning and comfortable in conducting independent research.
- Strong business acumen and ability to align work with company goals.
NICE TO HAVE
- College degree preferred but not required (fashion studies/merchandising, textiles studies, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.