The Director, Logistics Strategy will play a crucial role in leading the evolution of The RealReal’s logistics strategy and network operations. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy/strategic planning, business operations, product management and finance, requiring a mix of analytics, cross-functional leadership, and project management. We are looking for a candidate with the ability lead a team, drive detailed analytics and influence cross- functionally to evolve the consignor and the consumer experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic and analytical leadership around opportunities to improve customer/consignor experience as well as driving cost efficiencies, particularly as it relates to logistics and fulfillment
- Model impacts to shipping P&L of changes to fulfillment, carrier or site experience
- Deliver insights and package recommendations into executive-ready content
- Support broader strategic projects related to the warehouse or logistics strategy to enable improved supply chain optimization. This includes:
- Evaluate current processes and tools that impact the Ecommerce network, identifying opportunities for improvement and driving to solutions
- Project manage cross-functional project teams across inbound, outbound, logistics, product and BI
- Be flexible and ready to jump into ad hoc supply chain projects
- Support reporting and insights generation for the shipping P&L. Key responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain models to track shipping P&L and key metrics, coordinating cross-functionally to interpret findings, identify opportunities and communicate recommendations to leaders
- Measure impact of shipping-related initiatives, partnering with Finance and BI teams to hindsight impact and identify new opportunities
- Lead operations team overseeing day-to-day logistics, including adherence and reporting against SLA’s, defining KPI’s and evolving processes
- Serve as a critical “connector” between inbound, outbound, merchandising, product and BI
- Maintain ongoing understanding of omnichannel operations, partnering to assess impact of omnichannel on shipping P&L
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs
- Manage senior-level communication to communicate network performance and summarize impact of initiatives to the business
- Proactively business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations
- Assess cross-functional training needs and develop materials to support performance improvement
- Collaborate with business partners to implement process & system change when issues are identified
- Manage and oversee the work of Logistics team members, providing constructive feedback and support
- 7-10 years of total experience, including 3+ years in management consulting, finance or similar analytical role
- Experience in ecommerce fulfillment, logistics or operations a plus
- Demonstrated ability of managing operational details and execution, while also understanding big picture
- Deep experience with quantitative analysis and modelling, creative problem solving, and complex cross-functional project management
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships and influence cross-functional leaders
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills (SQL preferred)
- Experience with financial and business database systems and tools and/or aptitude to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.