The Director of Fulfillment is responsible for leading a high growth e-commerce fulfillment function that continuously meets/exceeds our consignors and customers expectations. This role requires a bias for action and a “player coach” where the person is equally comfortable working the details as they are setting, owning and driving the vision. Strong leadership and experience with growing teams are key, with a focus on leading, developing, and inspiring a large team of exempt and non-exempt employees. This person should feel comfortable with change, being
vulnerable and working with multiple cross matrixed teams. This individual must continuously drive improvements in ALL parts of the business. They should help redefine what best-in-class service delivery standards and strategies mean as the business maintains its explosive growth trajectory.
The strategic areas of focus could be multiple large-scale e-commerce fulfillment centers, retail store operations that span across both coasts, and shipping and overall transportation. Must be able to scale to meet growth demands while maintaining service levels, optimizing the customer’s order experience, as well as implementing continuous process improvements. It will be critical in this role to collaborate with other teams within the company. This individual will work with many cross functional stakeholders so they will need to increase their circle of influence in order to deliver the best results. High emotional Intelligence is a must. Humble, clear, effective and concise communication skills are crucial to the overall success of the role.
This position is based in Brisbane, CA and will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish individual performance metrics for each team/employee and develop action plans to help further the
employee’s progression and development.
- Develop and execute staff planning, scheduling and training to meet the growing and changing needs of the
- Partner with Customer Service and Consignor Relations as needed to ensure our customers’ and consignors’
needs are consistently exceeded.
- Ownership of other parts of the operation as assigned.
- Provide positive and inspirational leadership by building a strong organization focused on excellence and
committed to the continuous development of employee skills. In short, build a productive, engaged team that is
second to none.
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects that will enable better scaling e-commerce fulfillment
and order management processes.
- Develop and run an organization that leverages strong employee engagement in a rapid paced, high volume,
high growth environment.
- Develop the right KPIs to gain insight into performance and then use those KPIs to identify key areas for
- Inspiring leadership skills (including both strategic and tactical vision) to deliver results.
- Coach team members to maximize their contribution and demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with
peers and other team members.
- Use data to make decisions with a strong understanding of balance sheet and P&L to guide key decisions.
- Strong communication skills with a focus on being clear, simple, and direct.
- Excellent business judgment, strong fact-based decision-making, problem-solving ability, and a practical sense
of drawing the right conclusion.
- Bias for Action, action-oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and explosive
- Willingness to continuously improve, develop, understand industry best practices and desire to stay ahead of
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master a back-end fulfillment software application.
- Ability and experience to establish, coach & embed best practice fulfillment standards within the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth, evolving environment.
- A sense of humor, personal integrity, competitive, collaborative working style and appreciation for the power of
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of fulfillment experience preferably within an e-commerce company.5+ years of experience
managing a large team of diverse employees, preferably a non-exempt workforce.
- Experience in workforce planning and scheduling is required. Interest in working in a pre-IPO, fast-paced,
cross-functional team environment setting. Strong leadership abilities in managing and developing a high performing team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.