This position is based in Los Angeles, CA and will report to the Manager of Fine Jewelry & Watches.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying colored stones and diamonds using GIA evaluation techniques as well as testing procedures used to determine the precious metal purity
- Set list prices for branded and unbranded jewelry with direction and final approval from Team Lead and FJ/W Experts
- Research fair market value and market demand of branded jewelry and watches
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure all consignments are prioritized and product flows according to plan
- Evaluate, authenticate, and price jewelry and watch pieces daily
- Manage process flow of items awaiting price approval
- Communicate directly with the FJW photographer as well as Editing Lead, keeping them informed on any complications, confusion points, requests, etc.
- Assist in the authentication process by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, and hallmarks) and evaluating quality of materials and construction
- GIA certification preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Ability to stand; walk and sit
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs
- Vision abilities required include close vision and color vision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.