The Furniture & Art Coordinator is a production-focused role. The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter overseeing the home and art category and facilitating efficient processing of the category’s units through the operations pipeline.
This position is based in Brisbane, CA and will report to the Manager of Art and Home.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimize merchandise flow and delegation between receiving and art and home copy team to ensure property is processed the 2-day SLA
- Partner with cross-functional teams to facilitate safe, efficient handling of property and distribution of product
- Act as the key point of contact for management and merchandising inquiries for Art & Home
- Conduct research on high value and key art and home decor
- Ensure quality, copy and consistent pricing with team trainings and shadows
- Attend related meetings and relay relevant information to Copywriting team
- Conduct and support quality control initiatives for category
- Assist with rejections and exceptions. Know when to escalate issues, and do so as needed
- Develop and maintain positive team culture
- Help the Home & Art Copywriting team consistently reach daily set quotas and goals
- Foster strong cross functional partnerships with inbound and fulfillment teams
- Enforce SOPs and category standards
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with luxury art & home product (retail, gallery, showroom, auction house included).
- Strong ability to prioritize and solve problems as they arise.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Ability to move and lift boxes up to 25 pounds
- BA / MA degree preferred
NICE TO HAVE
- In depth knowledge of home decor, furniture and art
- Understands specific pricing trends for home and art category
- Great time management skills and ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Strong organizational skills and administrative abilities
- Navigates ambiguity easily
- Ability to be a self-starter and keep the team on task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent management skills and a strong motivator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.