An exciting opportunity to join one of Australia’s best loved, iconic brands in the key role of Production Manager. Reporting directly to the Director of Merchandise, you will be responsible for managing production and product development across all categories. You will be highly organized, be able to work to an established critical path, meet all deadlines, have the highest quality standards and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage a small team including a product developer, patternmakers and a sample machinist.
- Manage supplier relationships across costings, production, delivery and quality.
- Be the business lead for our ongoing sustainability and ethical sourcing work.
- Manage griege and production forecasting.
- Regular reporting to internal stakeholders on all production related issues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in supplier relationship management and negotiation, ideally with both China and India.
- Experience in women’s apparel and ideally also swimwear
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Technical understanding of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics
- Good understanding of current fashion trends
- Offshore production experience is essential
- Team leadership
- Travel is required