ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalando Loyalty (zPlus)
Reports to: Director of Zalando Loyalty
Team Size: <10
Recruiter name, e-mail: Peter Coulson firstname.lastname@example.org
As Zalando transforms from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into The Starting Point for Fashion, this is an exciting time to join. As Head of Product in Zalando Plus, you are a part of a high performing team, building data-driven tech products that connect every part of the fashion industry.
At Zalando Plus, our mission is to provide our customers with the most elevated online fashion experience, offering unlimited access to free premium delivery and returns pick-ups, personal style advice, premium customer care service and exclusive offers, for an annual membership fee of 15 EUR.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Change the lives of your users: In close collaboration with Business Development, UX Design and Engineering, you will drive the strategic development and feature deployment of our loyalty programs. You will develop innovative ideas and strive for a great user experience.
- Taking ownership: You will be instrumental in defining the product vision and own the roadmap for both loyalty programs. You will oversee priorities and manage the backlog, as well as support in the creation of requirements for an agile engineering team.
- Stakeholder management: As an inherently cross-functional role, you will create close relationships with business stakeholders and Management in order to align on business priorities. You will actively communicate your progress and ensure smooth product roll-out.
- Mentor: As Head of Product, you will provide leadership and mentoring to product managers in the team by outlining the vision and strategy for your product area.
- Leadership: As Head of Product, you will lead by example both within the team and to other Zalando teams. You will influence where necessary to lead diverse teams towards a common objective.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Expertise: You have prior expertise in consumer-facing products and have previous professional experience in product discovery and agile product management. You have a strong business sense and a passion for solving problems that drive innovation.
- Master of multiple domains: Can you bridge the gap between business, design and technology? Can you understand complex business processes, information systems and have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle? Do you have a track record of envisioning, developing and launching innovative and successful products? Can you conduct user research and product discovery to provide the voice of the customer, creating the right user stories that give our users what they need (and not just what they want)?
- Analytical Communicator: Are you a great communicator? Can you ensure that all relevant stakeholders are aware of the product’s progress? In addition, can you bring the analytical skills and rigor to analyze large sets of data to evaluate opportunities and autonomously make well-founded product decisions?
- Effective networker: We believe in autonomous teams that can own and drive topics without much central steering. We rely on people with agile mindsets, talking to each other to identify interdependencies and sources of mutual value to create optimal solutions.. How fast can you build your personal network to add value to discussions and make sure that you leverage synergies and see opportunities? Will people come to you as a thought leader and natural collaboration partner?
- Continuous learner: You define your own KPIs in order to measure your impact and the success of the product. Do you have the passion and drive to keep up with product innovations, whilst refining your toolset and at the same time mentoring your colleagues?
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive on-boarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.