As the Principal Product Manager in the logistics team, you will be at the forefront of ushering the next chapters of fulfillment across all our European warehouses ensuring that customers get what they want and when we promised them. You would own the long-term product vision, influence partner teams towards your vision, determine and build business metrics to help prioritize and drive execution towards the vision. Based on your strategy, you would also play a key role in collaborating and recommending on the set of capex investments in automation and robotics to build Zalando’s warehouses of the future to optimize our logistics in the short and long term. See some of our team’s press coverage for innovation in fulfillment (Magazino, Bag Sorters, Automated DC, Grey Orange).WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will lead the end to end warehouse fulfillment product function including Inbound, Outbound and Intralogistics automation with your team of product managers that drive the product development with several engineering teams and make sure that they apply efficient product development practices with predictable outcome
- You will build and own the product strategy and product portfolio of all warehouse fulfillment applications and automation ensuring that we surpass business goals and customer fulfillment expectations; at the same time you would collaborate with logistics innovation team to steer decisions of millions of euros in intralogistics investments for existing and future warehouses
- Be a motivated leader - Uncover iterative improvement opportunities hidden in large data sets and bolster data driven product development for you and your team and to validate the effectiveness of the different courses of action. Present fulfillment strategy and recommendations to Senior leadership
- You are a company-wide thought leader for fulfillment excellence based on your strong understanding of business goals and customer needs. Be a mentor to your team and other colleagues by showcasing deep expertise in your domain and acting as a role model for successful product management
- Visionary leader: You develop and communicate a product vision that excites your team and the engineering teams, who together translate your vision into solutions. You know how to break down a long term vision into clearly shaped and value generating milestones, so that your teams can autonomously make the right decisions during execution.
- An experienced, data-driven and collaborative Product Management leader with a strong growth mindset. Strong business acumen, analytical understanding & problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development. A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Customer obsession, KPI and data driven: You always strive for a thorough understanding of your customer’s problem before analyzing what it takes to build a solution and make it profitable. Using data and research to correctly understand opportunities within our warehouses is an essential part of your approach to product management. You know how to find the appropriate KPI that allows you to define success and track incremental progress.
- Build, scale and continuously improve robotics technologies that automate all warehouse management processes as a whole. Co-lead Zalando's Logistics Innovations as part of the senior Logistics Leadership Team to scout, develop and qualify new technologies and startups for Zalando's supply chain around the globe
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 29 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.