As a Principal Product Manager within the search team you will be working on highly visible and high impact customer facing features that directly affect the customer experience of 29 million Zalando customers across app and web. You will be working with the delivery, design, and analytics part of the team on an end-2-end Search: From new experiences helping our customers to find the perfects articles for them to the IR & AI algorithms that understand and rank their queries.
You will be part of the leadership team that is accountable for the positive development driving the Search Program’s contribution to Zalando’s vision of “becoming the starting point for Fashion”. This is a unique opportunity to work in one of the most advanced search teams in Europe and improve how more than 29 million Zalando customers in 17 countries engage with fashion online.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- The Search Program is a critical program within Zalando and as such you will be working across the entire organisation to deliver strategic and high impact projects.
- Scope and prioritize the most important customer problems with respect to fashion search & discovery and create an actionable strategy and roadmap to solve those.
- Ability to author all important product documents including a product roadmap, working backwards press releases, definition of business requirements, as well as functional specifications.
- Own the feature backlog for the Search Program and define the success metrics and KPIs for these features.
- Coach a team of senior product managers to become excellent at their craft
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Masters degree in a STEM or related field
- True passion for product management and a high motivation to create a positive impact for Zalando’s customers
- At least 8 years of product management experience including building data-driven products.
- Very strong analytical skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas: Search engines, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning / AI
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity with ease finding solutions to difficult problems
- A proven ability to work in a truly cross-functional setting
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive on-boarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in selected locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 29 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within Zalando Digital Experience (DX), you will work with many autonomous teams that live up to the standards of software craftsmanship, ownership and excellence. Along with our guiding set of principles we entrust you and your team to shape the future of Zalando.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.