Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Forecasting tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfill customer demand.
As Senior Product Manager Machine Learning in our Forecasting team, you will work closely with our engineering and data science teams to build sophisticated machine learning products that drive our business. In an agile development process, you will understand stakeholder needs, work with the engineering and data science teams to come up with solutions, drive delivery and prioritise development. Ultimately, you’re the one responsible for delivering the right product. As the key interface between the Business, Engineering and Data Science teams, your decisions will impact the millions of Zalando shoppers and the bottom line results of our company.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create cutting-edge forecasting products that forecast sales, demand, and return rates for over 300k items
- Analyze our current performance, find opportunities, build fact-based business cases
- Structure complex topics into easy-to-understand messages and communicate effectively across all levels. Work with the team and stakeholders to develop and prioritize epics and user stories
- Drive delivery with engineering and data science teams in an agile development process
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Product management experience, using a data-driven approach
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand, analyze and clearly communicate business problems and priorities to engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Very good understanding of math and statistics and Python/SQL skills
- Experience in pricing, forecasting, or e-commerce
- Experience in operational research, data science or machine learning
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.