Pricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Our tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, recommend the best prices for these products, and ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil our customers’ demand. The Pricing and Forecasting engineering team uses cutting-edge technology, data science and machine learning, to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams.
As asenior Product Manager in our Pricing & Forecasting team, you will help to determine which areas of our assortment are likely to sell well. Working closely with our buying teams you will provide decision support to make sure we buy the right quantity of each article or assortment area. As your work will influence our whole purchasing budget, you can have a material effect on Zalando’s success, by driving sales and lowering markdowns. Most importantly you will please millions of Zalando shoppers by ensuring higher availability of the articles they really want!
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Direct your team to create cutting-edge analytics and machine learning products that influence the buying quantities of hundreds of thousands of articles
- Change the game, analyze our current performance, find opportunities, improve processes and help us grow stronger
- Structure complex topics into easy-to-understand messages and communicate effectively across all levels with clear product vision, roadmap and progress updates
- Team up and collaborate with your colleagues in product as well as engineering and data science, to provide an holistic predictive buying product
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of product management experience. Ideally, you were already exposed to such topics as forecasting, supply chain management, e-commerce or fashion
- Experience working with analytics or machine learning products
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical thinking
- Bachelor degree from a respected university. Further quantitative education or an MBA will be highly valued.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.