Join us in building one of the most impactful products in Zalando. The Merchant Operations business unit in Zalando, responsible for building Zalando’s Marketplace, is further developing a platform called zDirect, which will be an ecosystem of apps and services to help partners self-serve and get started on Zalando, manage their business and steer growth.
As our Senior Product Manager for the zDirect Homepage (Marketplace portal), you will conceptualise, develop and lead the strategy and vision of this product, which provides our partners access to data and actionable insights to further grow on Zalando..
Please read more about the Zalando Merchant Operations business unit on our Intro webpage here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Own the product vision and roadmap for the zDirect Homepage, which provides our partners access to data and actionable insights to further grow on Zalando.
- Work independently and drive the product development to deliver on the product vision.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs, problems and challenges for your internal and external customers and stakeholders to build a scalable platform product.
- Play a central role in the governance process to discover, define, align and integrate new KPIs and metrics into the your product (think 4Ds from Design Thinking).
- Work alongside our other Product Managers and Owners and closely with our highly skilled Engineering teams to drive product development to deliver on the product vision. Manage the backlog and create requirements for agile engineering teams.
- Support Zalando’s partners (business counterparts) through strong stakeholder management skills combined with solid technical acumen
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Successful track record of building the product vision, roadmap and executing the launch of one or more platform products (business acumen). Ideally in a B2B environment.
- Professional expertise in product discovery and agile product management; strong business sense and a passion for solving problems that improve processes and drive innovation. E-commerce domain is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and technology, build trust with key stakeholders to align multiple teams and deliver on strategic initiatives (stakeholder management).
- Technical understanding (expertise) and a thorough understanding of platform products (layered), combined with an engineering sense, which will enable meaningful conversations with the engineering teams (technical acumen) but also with less technical minded business counterparts.
- Ability to write documents and clearly communicate your product vision in simple and easy to understand language for a broad audience, including senior management, your teams, as well as colleagues from within and outside the team (product methodology and 4Ds).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from the Zalando shop, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices , public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English - we do not accept applications via e-mail.