ABOUT THE TEAM
As a Senior Product Manager in the Zalando marketplace team, you will drive the product development to deliver functionality that will help partners optimise, and grow their business on the Zalando platform. In the merchandising area we want to help our partners make decisions on topics such as product performance, pricing, and planning to optimise their business on Zalando. You are expected to own a part of the product vision, and drive the day-to-day product development to solve problems for Zalando’s partners.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Own the product vision and roadmap for a functional area in the Merchandising problem space.
- Work independently and drive the product development to deliver on the product vision. Manage the backlog and create requirements for an agile engineering team.
- Develop a deep understanding of your customers to deliver a product that solves their real problems and positively impacts their business
- Define KPIs in order to measure the impact and success of the product
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Previous professional expertise in product discovery and agile product management; strong business sense and a passion for solving problems that matter for your customers
- Experience in working independently to drive the vision, roadmap, and development of a product, and a track record of delivering successful products
- Experience in merchandising, trading, buying, business development, or similar area in a retail or e-commerce context is a must
- Ability to work with stakeholders from across the organisation and translate business and customer needs into a product roadmap and requirements. Experience in working directly together with an agile engineering team to define the backlog and requirements.
- Ability to write documents and clearly communicate your product vision in simple and easy to understand language for a broad audience, including senior management, you teams, and colleagues from within and outside your department
PERKS AT WORK
Culture. A workplace where trust, empowerment and feedback are valued; positive, inspiring working atmosphere.
Perks. Competitive salary; 40% shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services; great IT equipment, flexible working times; family service and parent & child rooms*; additional holidays and volunteering time off; diverse sports and health offerings*. (*Depending on location)
Development. Mentoring; personal branding support focused on leadership; diverse career opportunities.
Peers. Self-organized and autonomous teams of accomplished experts with very diverse professional backgrounds and nationalities to interact with & learn from.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use
At Merchant Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our new strategic Merchant platform business. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our merchant suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses for our ZFS services. To our 3000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our merchant portal via UI, bulk uploads, or via standard web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Haskell, Go, and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.