The Junior Trim developer is responsible for the trim development from idea (created by design) until final product. The trim article is developed within the nominated supplier matrix, aligning with the brand’s aesthetic, quality and corporate responsibility standards. The key objective in this role is to manage this development process and the cross-function collaboration with design and production.
- The onshore junior trim developer is responsible to work with Trim Lead to interpret the seasonal design brief in the trim space, with focus on the essential and essential + branding trims. The developer attends trade shows and hosts matrix trim suppliers at the Amsterdam HQ.
- Create and present sourcing boards to design & merchandise for seasonal development, sharing trend, newness and innovation.
- Partner with offshore trim developer to receive sourcing images/samples from the Asia-based suppliers.
- Maintain the core trim wall and seasonal trim boards for design’s working.
DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION- 60%
- Setups new trims in PLM system with all mandatory data, adhering to seasonal calendar deadlines and indirectly managing the designers’ output.
- Initial risk assessment of potential quality or production issues based on substrate and/or application.
- Development boards created for use in Sketch review, sorted by good/better/best price targets. Identify any gaps and cancellations and communicate to the supplier/offshore.
- Connect to product category managers for any GAM (General Alignment Meeting) trims needs.
- Utilize PLM to send trim forecasts to suppliers for SMS, used by suppliers to ensure proper raw materials are in stock for SMS trims making.
- Monitor SMS direct developed trim delivery and communicate any delays.
- Renegotiate trim prices based on merchant forecast quantity.
- Manage all denim product trim developments directly, including wash & wear trials.
- Analyze garment level Pre-Buys from buying & planning to ensure new trim items used on these styles have expedited comments & approval to ensure production maintained.
- All sample lines in the PLM vendor request (VR) made “approved” or “cancelled” before bulk comments deadline.
- Follow-up any bulk trim testing failures with QA team.
- Production visits to suppliers to create relationship, upskill technical knowledge and informed of capabilities (travel required EU & Asia).
- Onshore junior trim developer will work on several projects each year, both in the division and in x-divisional project group with other trim associates from PVH Europe.
- Trim Specialist (ongoing)- the junior trim developer will be assigned a specific trim subtype that they will be the specialist of. The KPIs for this project are supplier management, being a subject matter expert for this trim subtype, and administrative functions (PLM info, corporate communication, etc.) related to their specific supplier grid.
The Ideal Candidate
Tools in order to full-fill the above:
- PLM Centric: the main system to generate all the material/style/product and production information.
- Microsoft office.
- Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to drive conversations with Suppliers, Buying offices, Design and Development/Production.
- Education: higher textile education (Mr. Koetsier, Fashion and textile technology, TMO or similar.)
- Minimum 1-3 year working experience in development/sourcing/production.
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines.
- ·Understanding of denim production a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Living in the Netherlands and/or possesses a work permit for the European Community.
- Full-time employment