We are looking for a Product Developer to join our dedicated Denim team. You will support the Product Manager with the development process of high-end quality collections by ensuring the highest possible standard of make while achieving target prices. You will follow the process from technical package through to the sales samples being delivered to the showrooms for the designated product group. This role requires the ability to take initiative and have an action-oriented attitude with a proactive approach to problem solving.
The work environment at Acne Studios is fast-paced and energetic, no day is ever the same. This position is based at Acne Studios headquarter in Stockholm and requires regular travelling.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Support Product Manager with critical path from initial design through to shipping SMS within the allocated delivery window
- Maintain close contact with suppliers and give comments on the various development samples with an emphasis on quality and fit
- Attend fittings sessions, providing proactive and focused input to ensure further production processes run smoothly
- Manage the costing process and analysis of margins in cooperation with Product Manager and decide on negotiation strategies towards suppliers
- Maintain correct information in the PLM system
- Maintain close collaboration with design, fabric and pattern teams
- Travel to the suppliers to ensure all information is clear and followed by the supplier, ensuring an accurate product and timely delivery of sampling
The Ideal Candidate
- Academic degree, from business school and/or textile education
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a denim product development role
- Experience working with Denim washes and Denim Fabric development
- Excellent language skills, fluency in English is a requirement
- Proficient in MS Office applications and basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Flexible, energetic and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and with suppliers
- Detail-oriented with strong follow through
As we interview candidates continuously we kindly ask you to register your application as soon as possible.
We may perform background checks for this position.