To support our ambitious and rapid growth projections for Brown's Fashion, we are looking for an experienced, passionate and pragmatic Business Intelligence professional to join our Technology and Product team.
You'll play a pivotal part in helping to define and execute the future strategic direction of Browns BI, including a future Data Warehousing solution, whilst having opportunities galore to roll up your sleeves to do-the-data-do too.
So, if deftly wielding T-SQL to defeat the trickiest of database challenges still puts a spring in your step, and you also have the experience to forge a path towards crisp, Snowflake-filled days then this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
This really is a rare chance to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of BI and IS here - it's a completely green field project that needs a commercially minded, confident and collaborative data-obsessed superstar to throw themselves into.
You'll have an eye for the finest of details, with the wisdom and experience to know when the rabbit hole is too deep to pursue. You'll be driven by the desire to make a difference to your internal customers, and have the will to always find a way.
This fledgling team are looking to revolutionise the current offering at pace. Daily trade decision making will be provided for through the development of a suite of operational reports built on the SQL Server stack, whilst driving the development and incremental delivery of the longer term BI and Data Warehousing strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive and support the Brown's BI and Data Warehousing strategy, advising and shaping both direction and specific implementation.
- Contribute to all tracks of the end-to-end development and implementation of a Data Warehouse / Self-Service analytics solution - you will be taking the lead and have ownership of many of these.
- Work within the Tech & Product team to manage initial build and iteratively improve key trading reports.
- Establish strong and trusted relationships with your internal customers, be THE go-to person to support ad-hoc queries and troubleshoot live issues.
- Collaborate with key internal departments to define, standardise and refine the core company and departmental metrics to deliver consistent, trusted and accurate analysis and reporting.
- Design customisations (tables, views, sprocs etc) to bespoke the source operational database to support custom aggregations and presentations of reporting.
- Collaborate with wider FarFetch Group departments to integrate further data sets to enrich the analytics platforms.
- Create and own reporting best practices.
- Liaise with Infrastructure Team to ensure the reporting and BI infrastructure is fit for purpose, up to date and optimised for performance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly Skilled in T-SQL / Procedural SQL.
- Strong experience of end-to-end Data Warehousing design and development on Kimble methodologies, preferably in a Retail environment.
- Highly skilled in the use of the Microsoft SQL Server and BI Stack - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks.
- Experience of data visualization and BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, Power BI.
- Strong experience eliciting core business requirements and translating them into functional reporting/analytics requirements.
- Experience automating reporting processes using VBA.
- Experience working in an agile development environment is desirable.
- Has worked with CEGID or similar ERP database structure and software.
- Experience working with Database Administrators to deliver/manage BI infrastructure.
- Experience with Google BigQuery (or similar Cloud-based solutions).