To develop and to engineer materials as an area of excellence for Burberry
- Supplier/industry facing.
- Manage raw materials from development to industrialisation (bulk).
- Reduces issues at bulk.
- Drive innovation and quality improvements.
- Support our headquarter teams if any action/fix needs to be done in region.
- Establishes collaborative partnerships with suppliers, to stay current and accomplish material development objectives.
- Build relationship with experts in industry, academia, and trade associations to keep up to date on Technology and Product advances.
- Gains in-depth knowledge of latest government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for Raw Materials & Finished goods.
- Expert knowledge on Strategic Technical development of Raw Materials, through value engineering and enhanced technology.
- Expert Knowledge on Material construction analysis and interpretation; Own a material subtype / Category.
- Assesses benchmark and directs deep dive analysis of Raw Material components and identifies growth opportunities.
- Provide detailed directions to suppliers for Raw Material technical development.
- Hold Suppliers accountable to Raw Materials. performance standards, processes and expectations;
- Identify opportunities for on boarding, training and elevation of Suppliers.
- Lead Special projects and provide training and guidance to peers and partners.
The Ideal Candidate
- Project management (reporting, leadership, engage with people).
- Appetite for innovation.
- Laboratory and testing knowledge.
- Comfort in assessing and interpreting test reports
- Italian language.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Materials development or manufacturing.
- Experience of high fashion or luxury brand ideally
- Must have spent formative years in Tannery
- Must have lead the development end to end skins/hides for luxury sector.
- Knowledge of tanning chemistry and in depth knowledge of leather finishing.
- Comfortable with bovine and ovine skins.
- Master Degree in leather engineering.