You will work across multiple product categories and seasons throughout the calendar year, developing, fitting and finalising patterns to go into bulk production and checking patterns.
You will work closely with designers, garment technologists and machinist. Communicate clearly and efficiently, ensuring all patterns achieve the desired finishing and specification requested.
Ability to work from spec sheet comments and follow through each action point to finalise patterns for grading and bulk production. Seal patterns in line with the approved amendments after seasonal production fittings.
You will need experience of working within a fast paced environment, closely following the production critical paths, ensuring deadlines are met to transfer pattern to grader for pre-production and manufacturer for bulk production.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Digitalise first patterns produced by in-house creative pattern cutters
· Ensure all pattern measurements are taken accurately and updated in the spec sheet
· Attend Seasonal production fittings and PP fittings
· Ensuring all patterns are produced and finalised to the required fit and measurement standards
· Consistency of sizing across all product categories is key
· Undertake necessary final pattern amendments before sealing the pattern to bulk production
· Liaise with our Production and QC Teams to resolve any pattern related production issues
· Complete and approve grade charts for production
· Check graded pattern before sending to our manufactures
· Work in line with seasonal critical path and deadlines required by sampling and production team
· Work closely with our external grader to pass over key information relevant to each style and assist grader with support where needed
· Work with the Manual Pattern cutter team to keep the pattern library updated with key seasonal shapes and blocks
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
· Gerber trained with minimum 4 years experience in womenswear multi-product pattern making, ideally a RTW studio at luxury label
· Excellent understanding of fit and garment construction from a development and factory capability perspective
· Accustomed to working to tight deadlines and being able to multi task across changing priorities
· Flexibility required at peak times to manage workload
· A team player with great interpersonal skills
· Clear and concise communicator
· Experience of working within Microsoft Office programmes, and Adobe creative suits