You will work across multiple product categories, seasons and capsules throughout the calendar year, developing, finalizing, improving the construction and fit of SMS patterns before going into bulk production.
You will work closely with Designers, Sampling Pattern Cutters, Garment Technologists and Machinists. Communicate clearly and efficiently, ensuring all patterns have the desired finishing and specification requested.
Ability to work from spec sheet comments and follow through each action point to finalised patterns for grading and bulk production. Seal patterns in line with the approved amendments after seasonal production fittings.
You will need experience of working within a fast paced environment, closely following the production critical paths, ensuring deadlines are met to transfer pattern to grader for pre-production and manufacturer for bulk production.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensure all pattern measurements are taken accurately and updated in the spec sheet
- Ensuring all sealed patterns are produced and finalised to the required fit and measurement standards
- Consistency of sizing across all product categories is key
- Undertake necessary final pattern amendments before sealing the pattern to bulk production
- Liaise with our Production, QC Teams and Exteral factories to resolve any pattern related production issues
- Complete and approve grade charts for production
- Create & manage the grading schedule & liaise with external grader closely
- Check graded pattern before sending to our manufactures
- Review our current grading manual and make necessary changes
- Work closely with our external grader to pass over key information relevant to each style and assist grader with support where needed
- Ensuring all pattern are graded in a timely manner for production to start
- Seasonal Fabric ratings and Markers
The Ideal Candidate
- Gerber trained (preferably V10) with minimum 4 years experience in womenswear multi-product pattern making, ideally a RTW studio at luxury label
- Excellent understanding of fit and garment construction from a development and factory capability perspective
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines and being able to multi task across changing priorities
- Flexibility required at peak times to manage workload
- A team player with great interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Experience of working within Microsoft Office programs, and Adobe creative suits