To assist the Production Manager in strategic seasonal planning, using the seasonal delivery objectives and to support the Production team in day to day decisions, guiding the Production Assistants, and Production Co-ordinator on following the Production Strategy to achieve the garment goals. The Assistant Production Manager will need to have a good awareness of the status of all areas of the seasonal production critical path. This role reports into the Production Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in the setup of seasonal Critical Path, and be responsible for the setup of key seasonal documents.
- Work with Development Dept for upcoming seasons, familiarising oneself with collection, identifying potential risks and presenting solutions to overcome these.
- To assist in collection handover organisation and scheduling across depts.
- To manage pattern handover, grading requirements, costing and lay plan approval for final sign off.
- Take lead on Production’s Special Project style build in internal system.
- To schedule weekly Pre-Production Fit meetings.
- To manage requested supplementary samples from Wholesale/Retail through critical path to delivery and handover.
- Have awareness of late fabric / trim dates and keep factories informed of relevant changes.
- Planning, implementation and ongoing management of QC requirements alongside Production Manager
- Keep up to date records on any QC issues, and manage status of such for feedback to Technical team.
- Update Logistics team of weekly production deliveries and manage manifests for relevant handover.
- Managing the in-house Quality Check process for returned goods
- Produce accurate records of all detailed style information to be used for various customer and customs purposes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree level or similar
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a similar role working with luxury products across product categories.
- Must have a good understanding of production processes and critical path organisation.
- Understanding patterns, grading, lay plans and costings is a key requirement of the role.
- Experience in quality inspections on garments against test reports to ensure products comply with British Standard requirements.
- Experience working with Adobe PS and Illustrator. MS office skills
- PLM / PDM experience would be an advantage
- Professional demeanor in the office and when handling outside contacts as well as motivated to make smart judgment calls for the compan
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, who builds positive relationships both with internal and external contacts.