About the department:
Black & White is a full service agency providing end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively for luxury fashion brands. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class client service, from project management of the website build and maintenance through to ongoing e-commerce consultancy. Currently a fast-growing team, you have the opportunity to gain exposure into all of the brilliant things we do. The team is still in its infancy, but there is amazing momentum and it’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
About the role:
Reporting into the Black & White Content Manager, you will be responsible for translating, trans-creating and creating engaging, on-brand luxury product content. Working with a multitude of varied luxury fashion clients, you will need to switch between copywriting styles fluidly and competently. You will work with the Italian Content Supervisor to ensure your copywriting goes live on time and to a standard fitting of a high-end fashion brand. Every day will provide a new opportunity and the workload will become increasingly varied as the Black & White team expands its reach.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this new role. You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a copywriting or sub-editing role but a translator or linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be able to translate, trans-create and create engaging, on-brand luxury product copy for our partnered brands' new sites
- You’ll create copywriting examples and briefs for clients
- You’ll own the CMS copywriting process
- You’ll work with our core copywriting team to ensure tone of voice is kept consistent across all languages
- You’ll maintain quality of content on product pages
Who you are:
- You are fluent in English
- You have expert knowledge of luxury fashion brands and products
- You have a good writing style that is accurate, engaging and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- You have an understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have the ability to work independently
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.