About the department:
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have three teams – in London, Porto and Lisbon – and work in clusters across our suite of products including web and instore. We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
You will be a creative thinker and technical problem solver who is excited to design the internal tools that solve our unique business needs. This can range from creating an interface for our boutiques that processes the orders they receive, to a tool that controls the pricing of their products. You are keen to follow a lightweight, evidence-based approach where learning shapes the design along the way. You have formal design training and take pride in creating, evolving and protecting the interactions and patterns that allow us to scale our platform.
You’re a team player who recognises that your efforts are one significant part of a much bigger picture. You’re comfortable working closely with a multi-disciplined team of developers, researchers, other designers and product owners to problem solve and learn fast. Join the team that’s making a difference every day to an exciting platform.
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll do:
- You will contribute to intuitive, innovative and delightful user experiences for a range of back-office products
- You will take direction from and work collaboratively with other product designers, user researchers, product owners and developers
- You will work within the established patterns of our design system and contribute to its evolution
- You will take on board insights from research and represent the voice of the user throughout the design process
- You will bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
Who you are:
- You are from a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science or Design discipline
- You are a hands on design skills across a range of modern design and prototyping tools; ability to create user flows, wireframes and high fidelity mock-ups
- You are an excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able to multitask and work to deadlines
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You are curious about how things work and a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive
- Additionally, you may have:
- Previous professional experience as a digital product designer
- Some coding skills
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.