About the Department
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have four teams - one in London, Shanghai Lisbon and Porto - and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore. In 2017 we’ve grown to 45+ across Product Design and UX Research, and we believe in doing great work and growing the skills of our team while expanding our influence across all of Farfetch.
About The Role
As our Product Design Project Lead, you will be at the heart of the experience for our consumer facing team, helping to define and lead design projects. Working in a cross functional environment, with strategic input into the prioritisation, research and delivery of these key areas of the Farfetch product, we need a Visual and UX design expert to drive these projects forward.
We need people who love detail and working collaboratively with teams across Product Design, research, analytics/data and development to help strengthen our relationship with other disciplines and departments.
You’ll specialize in web and mobile, with a portfolio of well-crafted examples that can demonstrate your skills.
You’ll run complex design projects across multiple product teams and scrum teams, defining excellence and mentoring your fellow designers to help them grow. You have a wide range of workshopping and ideation techniques, are comfortable working with Product owners and engineers as well as having excellent communication and presentation skills.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be our Lead Designer for key consumer-facing and e-Commerce focused projects
- You’ll sync and collaborate with the wider Product Design team across London, Porto and Lisbon
- You’ll lead by example – collaborate with and mentor junior and mid-level designers
- You’ll work collaboratively within an agile process with; other product designers, user researchers, data scientists, product owners, project managers, UI and back end developers
- You’ll deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools
- You’ll champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- You’ll bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are
- You have experience as a digital product designer
- You have the ability to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You are highly collaborative
- You have a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar preferred
- You have experience working on high traffic consumer products a plus
- You have experience working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You are curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
- You are proficient in rapid prototyping
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.