Who We Are:
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology. Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops. To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream. We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it. Be bold. Be brilliant. Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do. We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
We’re disruptive, we’re unexpected and we’re revolutionary in our own way.
For almost 50 years Browns has led the way as one of London’s defining luxury retailers known globally for our influence in style curation, customer experience and innovation. Together, we’re building a community of creative thinkers and fearless explorers to continually style out Browns as the coolest boutique in the world.
Reporting into the Platform Services Content Manager, with a dotted line to the Browns Production Copy Editor, you will create revolutionary product descriptions in a fast-paced environment and help with the smooth running of the Browns copywriting team. Working to the Browns brand guidelines, you will be required to craft well-written, succinct and accurate product descriptions, which will be infused with the Browns tone of voice. You will be an experienced copywriter who is target-driven and preferably with experience of luxury fashion.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Write innovative and engaging product descriptions while adhering to Browns tone of voice, guidelines and SEO practice
- Write brand copy and listings page copy
- Own the CMS copywriting process
- Help maintain quality of content across the site
- Help mentor new members of the team - introducing them to the upload process and ensuring that writing standards are maintained
- Help support freelancers and mid-level writers to ensure quality levels are maintained
- Assist the Browns Production Copy Editor with editing duties during peak periods (or as required)
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to work, showing initiative, suggesting ideas to continuously improve quality and ways to increase efficiencies within team and department
- Various ad hoc duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are:
- An independent ‘self-starter’ with an excellent knowledge of content best practices, and a solid understanding of garment and accessory construction
- Committed to deliver first-class work every time, very strong attention to detail
- Highly literate with a good understanding of how language is used
- Highly organised, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Target-focused and result-driven, with the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- Knowledgable and passionate about fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting-edge street style
- You have a writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of spelling and grammar
- A dedicated team player with a positive attitude
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be highly self-motivated and passionate about the Browns brand and our products
Non-essential but desirable
- Comfortable with digital work on both in-house and external CMS