Jessica McCormack designs fine diamond jewellery collections at 7 Carlos Place, in the heart of London’s Mayfair.
We now require a Diamond Mounter to join us.
About the Job
Diamond mounting, providing technical advice and ensuring the smooth running of the workshop.
- Mounting new stock and bespoke pieces.
- Altering existing stock and customer pieces.
- Repairing, resizing and jobbing.
- Problem solving, finding solutions to designs.
- Ensuring jobs are completed on time, including working to tight deadlines.
- Ordering metal, findings, tools, oxygen/gas.
- Instructing and coordinating outworkers.
- Quoting/estimating new jobs, troubleshooting possible designs.
- Working with Head of Workshop to allocate jobs.
- Tallying final costs once jobs are finished.
- Giving technical and practical advice to workshop team.
- Meeting clients with the sales team or JM when required to discuss bespoke items or alterations.
- Building relationships with regular clients.
- Supporting the sales team.
- Working on the technical aspects of new designs & product development.
- Liaise with Production and Productive Development team.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Experience
- Mounting and restoring jewellery from the Georgian and Victorian era, as well as more contemporary jewellery a must.
- Diamond mounter and jeweler background (8 years)
- Experience in creating masters, and working with castings.
- Knowledge of mechanisms, removable fittings, snaps, articulation.
- CAD training a must.
- Experence working with steel and aluminium, creating specific gold and platinum alloys a plus.
No formal education in this area required but looking for extensive diamond mounting experience (8-10 years).
- Problem solving.
- Working quickly, able to mount and turn around pieces quickly and efficiently when required.
- Strong communications skills.
Please submit your CV and covering letter, indicating experience, current remuneration and why you think you may be suitable for this position by using the 'apply now' button below.