Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage product from design concept to production whilst overseeing any quality issues within both sampling and production.
- Identify and research patterns, fabrics, styles, seasonal colour palettes, prints, and details.
- Source fabrics, shapes, print techniques, trims etc. This will include gathering minimum, pricing and lead time data plus chasing swatches.
- Continuously seek workmanship, efficiency, cost improvements across the entire supply chain.
- Fitting the garments and submitting comments to suppliers and/or pattern cutters.
- Creating sampling and production specs for on-shore and off-shore suppliers.
- Approve lab dips, dye lots, washing effect, hand feel and shade bands and general flow of process.
- Signing off samples at SMS & Pre-production.
- Manage the critical path - track all development & orders, ensure tracker is updated on a daily basis to ensure all delays are communicated and resolved wherever possible.
- Management of the seasonal range board.
- Chase purchase orders and suppliers when required and highlight any delays.
- Ensure timely delivery of all samples for lookbook shoots and for PR and sales opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date filing systems for product, fabrics and trims.
- Manage seasonal sampling & design budget.
- Ensure all products are appropriately costed maintaining margin at all times, and conducting frequent cost negotiation and analysis during all stages of the critical path.
- Liaise with Finance Manager to ensure all invoices are received and allocated correctly.
- Manage credit notes with factories for any faulty garment returns.
- Develop bench strength and serve as mentor to assistants // Hire, train, develop, and manage Production Assistants.
- Manage the seasonal sales collateral – linesheet, sales training, press release etc. Handing this information over to the Studio Manager to collate and pass onto the Sales Team.
- Working closely with the commercial team.
- Manage seasonal reporting (sell in and sell out) to present to directors. Using this information to develop a seasonal option plan that will be the basis of the final range plan.
- Attending and organising trips to off-shore factories and/or stockists.
- Liaise with factories and suppliers via phone and email.
The Ideal Candidate
- You must have some experience in the industry.
- You must have a good knowledge of patterns and garment construction.
- Knowledge/ understanding of fabrics and different garment wash processes.
- Excellent understanding of product development and productions.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Advanced CAD Drawing skills for technical and construction detail sketches and related art.
- Use basic retail math needed to determine costs and margins. Strong negotiation Skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- This is a broad role and the successful candidate will be very hands on, and work well within a small team.
- Extremely professional with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Interested in fashion and a knowledge of key brands and fashion trends is preferably.
- Highly organised with the confidence to self-manage their workload.
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise responsibilities in a pressurised environment.
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to take a proactive approach in problem solving.
- Good people management/delegation skills and able to influence others
- Has a sense of urgency in managing time and while accomplishing tasks.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Create and maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Successful project management skills and knowledge of the product cycle and product development timelines.