The Garment Development Assistant to the Production Team is a pivotal role in the organisation of the department which helps to support and facilitate in the technical requirements of design process. It’s an important and a diverse role; one which requires excellent organisational, communication and technical skills.As a person, you will have a strong interest in the pattern cutting, construction and production of clothing with a willingness to learn new skills. You will be able to work to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment and thrive in a busy department with ever changing priorities. With a Fashion degree and internship/work experience under your belt you will be keen to take the next step in your career within a production department.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the pattern tracking schedules for our UK sampling and ensuring all information within it is up to date e.g. handovers dates, style information and fabric due dates.
- Working alongside the creative pattern cutter and freelance pattern cutter to ensure work is kept on the critical path.
- Action styles with our UK factories, ensuring they receive all the relevant information and documentation for them to produce our samples.
- Copying patterns for the use at other factories both within the UK and overseas.
- Managing and maintaining the system of organisation for the patterns.
- Making any sewing amendments to garments before the seasonal trade shows.
- Working alongside the garment technologists to measure samples for our fit sessions.
- Assisting the garment technologists in the fit sessions from taking relevant notes to updating trim information when required.
- Updating technical drawings on Illustrator and ensuring the line sheets are up to date.
- Managing and maintaining the system of organisation of the samples, from 1st samples up to our shipments samples throughout the department.
- Providing the online team with the relevant samples to be used for marketing photoshoots and online stock imagery.
- Sending shipment samples back to the warehouse.
- Liaising between Design, Wholesale and Online departments, providing any technical assistance.
- Organising and maintaining records of departmental contacts, including factory and freelancer information.
- Booking couriers services ie. CSM and DHL.
- Providing general administration support for the production department on a daily basis.
The Ideal Candidate
- Internship/Work experience within a production department – good understanding of the design and manufacturing process.
- Confident pattern cutting and garment construction skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- Strong organizational skills.