Away is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is interested in building scalable infrastructure, adding system resiliency, improving developer productivity, and automating everything that can (and should) be automated. They will be responsible for overall site health and reducing operational issues.
The role will report to an Engineering Manager, and is based in our Soho, New York headquarters
What You'll Do:
- Working on projects to improve scalability of our systems as we support more countries, fulfillment centers, shipping carriers, etc.
- Working on site uptime, monitoring/alerting, development tools, and overall performance
- Take ownership of planning, strategy, execution, testing, and overall success of complex technical projects
- Being a technical leader and contributor to projects, including some coding, code reviews, and architectural discussions
The Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years of systems or backend software experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- 2+ years of retail and/or e-commerce experience
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails and NodeJS
- Experience with AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS platforms
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!