We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
We are transforming our apparel business, focusing on creating broader access to the Harley-Davidson brand by leveraging motorcycle wear as a gateway for new riders. Critical to this success is the role of Shoe Designer. We are seeking a creative, motivated, business focused Shoe Designer who will help establish the strategic direction for Shoe designs, including leather boots and performance footwear.
- Establish creative direction for shoe designs
- Conduct trend and competitive research
- Lead the design and development of new shoe products
- Initiates and manages the design, artwork, creation, comp sheets, and research for the shoe category.
- Collaborates with merchandising to ensure product concepts are on track and appropriate to meet financial targets.
- Manages prototype/technical design through final sample approvals and ensures design specifications and product visions are met
The Ideal Candidate
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience. Technical knowledge of shoe development
- Experience in Leather boots, performance footwear. Strength in design sketching, technical sketching, product development, fabrication.
- Strong Interest in motorcycling
- A working knowledge of fashion, design, color trending and graphic development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of prototype/technical design process, flat sketches, trends, and specs for fitting.
- Understands key business drivers such as design, brand integrity, market research, technology, and product knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a group and/or team.