The Product Coordinator is responsible for providing operational support to our Private Brand Merchandising Product Development teams by owning data entry responsibilities and data maintenance including OMS line lists and master contract creation. The position requires strong operational acumen and an understanding of the product development process as well as the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, team oriented environment. Fundamental requirements include the ability to collaborate, take ownership of your business, and achieve results. Perform other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Product Coordinator will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented business partner who possesses professional maturity and ability to build strong partnerships. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective supporting the team through significant complexity. Candidates must be comfortable with quickly evaluating and sun-setting legacy approaches that no longer align to the strategy. The ideal candidate will be known for both vision and an equally strong orientation for speed.
The successful candidate will:
- Make “company first” decisions.
- Ability to influence Merchant partners.
- Develop self by participating in ongoing professional development and training.
- Take responsibility for own development plan and curriculum.
- Develop innovative solutions to existing customer or Company challenges.
- Openly accepts and seeks constructive direction for development from supervisor and leadership.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiatives.
- Relishes in a fast paced environment and is effective under pressure.
- Leverage collaborative partnerships with counterparts to drive business strategies.
- Systems and Technology:
- Expense Management; process and maintain expense activities in FedER.
- Expert in Excel; creating and maintaining reports, complex spreadsheets and data.
- Clerical duties as needed in support of the product development process.
- Proficient in all MMG systems – ie: Travel, Facilities Management, etc.
- Provide MMG systems support to the area as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Product Development, Finance, Marketing or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to influence.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Ability to be self-motivated; to adapt to fast-paced environment; and to motivate others.
- Aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in PC Operations, MS Office inclusive of demonstrative expertise in MS Excel – creating and maintaining reports, complex spreadsheets and data.
- Strong attention to detail with superb organizational and process driven skills – data input with high accuracy and efficiency required.
- Detail oriented and strategic thinker.
- Strong analytical skills, retail math skills and attention to detail.
- Inspires, motivates, and influences the behavior of others to drive high performance.
- Engages team to examine current practices and encourages creative thinking about how things could be more effective and efficient.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades others in a clear, confident, and composed manner. Tailors message for the audience and is able to gain support and commitment from others.
- Comfortable with taking risks and celebrating risk taking regardless of outcome.
- Collaborative, consultative style with a strong ability to establish trust and build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Resilient, tenacious, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Embraces change with realistic optimism and persists through challenges and setbacks caused by change.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.