As the Senior Product Manager for our Growth team, you will be a key leader in the organization, owning and executing the growth backlog and leading our experimentation, SEO and Analytics programs. This individual will be a member of the product team responsible for growing the demand and supply side of our business, identifying key opportunities in the user journey on website and app and actioning on the most important ones. You will be the authority on experimentation within the Product Management organization and will guide our standards and processes around A/B and multivariate testing. You will also work to grow our business by optimizing our SEO capabilities and ensuring analytics are consistent across platforms. You will work directly with a team of engineers, an analyst, QA and UX designers to execute on your growth backlog.
You are a data-driven problem solver and use informed insights to make prioritization decisions. You have a deep knowledge of testing and experimentation and passion for education on experimentation. You will partner with many teams, and drive experimentation process improvement and automation to dramatically transform the way in which we develop and utilize experiments that drive decision-making. You will be responsible for measuring success after release and making recommendations for next steps based on test performance. You are passionate about learning our business end-to-end and can be objective when influencing the strategy. You are a self-starter, comfortable learning and working with new technologies and have excellent problem-solving skills.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Product Management for Buyer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead our Growth team focused on experimentation and overall business optimization.
- Identify big ideas that move the needle on new user registration, repeat customer conversions and improving the user flows for both buyers and consignors.
- Own and execute the Growth team backlog.
- Communicate and foster alignment for the growth strategy and progress across the company.
- Plan and execute sprints and ship impactful changes.
- Work closely with design, engineering, business stakeholders, and data team members to prioritize, plan, and track development and results
- Define and implement a data driven process for proposing, prioritizing, and scheduling experiments.
- Manage the lifecycle of an experiment, which involves building, launching, analyzing, and iterating upon A/B tests to optimize buyer and consignor experiences and maximize conversions across various channels and platforms.
- Collaborate with the UX design team to 1) ideate on innovative solutions that address both user and business problems and 2) create powerful customer experiences.
- Lead experimentation across our website and mobile apps.
- Use MVPs and experiments to learn quickly and make data-driven decisions.
- Partner with engineering and analysts to ensure tests are designed and analyzed properly.
- Act as an air traffic controller to avoid test collisions and ensure validity of results.
- Lead the process to understand the results, learnings, insights and follow-on experimentation.
- Communicate progress and key updates and provide performance readouts on experiments to stakeholders across product, engineering and business.
- Successfully grow the quantity and quality of the traffic to our site.
- 5+ years of experience working in a mature testing program with significant hands-on experience running experiments; 3+ years of experience in product, marketing, engineering, or data roles; 3+ years of experience as a product manager focused on growth including SEO.
- Demonstrated track record of driving direct impact to key business metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for experimentation methods, data analysis, and data-informed product innovation.
- Deep statistical knowledge around experimental design and analysis.
- End to end quantitative thinking.
- Experience using a 3rd party testing tool and analyzing results.
- Recommend approaches to address questions or validate hypotheses.
- Establish and iterate on processes such as Experiment Governance Team.
- Define and standardize dashboards to read out experiment results.
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations.
- Experience working in fast-paced, highly cross-functional environments including customer facing technical development teams.
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical Colleagues.
- Excellent relationship-building skills; ability to manage complex cross- functional relationships and establish strong partnerships.
- Rigorous: ask hard questions, validate their assumptions, and make sure asks align to the actual needs of the business.
- Have a great eye for a good technical solve and must be able to collaborate with engineers.
- E-commerce experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or scientific field is preferred.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.