This position is based in New York, NY and will report to the Associate Director, Valuations Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate Luxury Consignment Office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry and watches in our marketplace
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends and the sell thru velocity of their respective category in our marketplace by working with Pricing and Authentication team
- Communicate pricing and authentication methodologies in live appointment setting
- Accountable for the sell thru and velocity of all product brought in through the Luxury Consignment Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Accountable for all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office as determined by Associate Director, Valuations Team
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role.
- Sales experience encouraged
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America required
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each and every day
- Gemological identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Knowledge of watch industry pricing and authenticity
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool and collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates and to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.