Job DescriptionThis position will report to the Vice President, Procurement and will be driving procurement strategies within the Capital Expenditure projects (CAPEX) relating to the construction and renovation of DFS retail stores globally. This position is expected to review the current supply base for all responsible categories and develop new supply sources where current vendors are not meeting expectations and to make recommendations on consolidating the supply base while maintaining optimal leverage to ensure best in class agreements are executed. The position will be expected to benchmark the sourcing approach and negotiate agreements to ensure consistency with Best in Class Procurement practices for the Category. In this role, you will be heavily influencing a group of diverse and senior stakeholders and ensurre they are being educated on the procurement process and policies to drive efficiencies within the business. You will be confident enough to challenge business requirements and put together long term strategies for procurement.
Key Skills and Attributes
• Experienced in analyzing project requirements and developing critical success factors, translating these into bespoke Procurement strategies;
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and have a high level of initiative to make improvements;
• Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of business with strong communication and relationship building skills;
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
• Good understanding of sourcing techniques, sourcing strategies and negotiation strategies. Qualification Standards
• Min. 4 years’ Quantity Surveyor experience on large construction projects in Asia Pacific.
• Proficient in MS Office applications or other project management tools.
• Experience with developing and implementing successful cost saving initiatives
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent
The Ideal CandidateKey Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the global project team to develop procurement strategy, defining key success criteria, priorities and imperatives for the project and devise an appropriate supply chain and procurement strategy.
• Each project strategy will be bespoke and specific to the desired outcomes of the project while maintaining some consistency with non-negotiable elements of the global procurement policies, procedures and governance.
• Analyzing and managing existing spend to minimize cost whilst improving efficiency and effectiveness across all functions.
• Oversee RFI, RFP, Close Tender, contract development, review processes, and utilize appropriate support tools to enhance sustainable results.
• Lead complex negotiations to ensure commercial risks are minimized whilst delivering optimal value.
• Manage supplier relationships, ensuring compliance and commercial requirements are met.
• Research and evaluate current suppliers and develop new suppliers based on quality, service, support, reliability, total cost and value added capabilities as well as suppliers’ reputation and background.
• Track and monitor supplier markets for construction, raw materials, and MRO including benchmarking against industry/market standards.
• Evaluate strategies based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing actives, including internal and external analysis and negotiations.