Job DescriptionAn exciting new position withing Global DFS HQ as the Lead to Create designs and layouts that are engaging and reflect the targeted positioning of the DFS brands within the digital and video worlds. If you are an enthusiastic & highly creative individual with the ability to create engaging designs that resonate with the luxury world traveler, then we are looking for you!
• At least 5-8 years of experience
• Proven track-record as digital designer with experience in an advertising agency / luxury retail environment preferred
• Experience management, mentorship, strong communication skills
• Formal training in graphic and digital design or related disciplines
• Expert skills in design tools: Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut, Illustrator, In-Design, Sketch is a plus
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Mandarin & Cantonese is a plus.
• Strong portfolio demonstrating your abilities in conceiving and designing web sites and/or web applications
• Knowledge of UI/UX design, wire framing, GUI (screen layout and composition) and style guide implementation
• Solid understanding of current web platform, interaction design, and usability principles
• Detail-oriented and accurate while being result-oriented: Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product
• Hands-on and collaborative mentality, with ability to take on feedback positively
• Customer focus: Evaluate customer feedback and adapt visuals accordingly
The Ideal CandidateKey Responsibilities:
• Lead the creation of digital visual designs on the following key touchpoints:DFS.com, EDM, Social Media, Paid Media & In-Store Digital Screens.
• Effectively communicate the seasonal concepts and brand identity in close cooperation with the digital marketing team
• Incorporate brand initiatives into the designs created respecting the brand guidelines
• Serve as the digital visual expertise for the corporate marketing team, divisions and within the organization and deliver excellent layouts in terms of quality and performance: •Review and give feedback on internal designer and outsourcing agencies work •Ability to coach, mentor, advise and groom digital designers to help them gain further expertise in digital design •Provide updates on the latest digital design industry trends and executions which could be applied to DFS in the future. •Lead in conjunction with Digital Marketing the design digital marketing layouts such as website landing pages, EDM, brand banners etc. •Format videos and create simple animations for animated media banners, in-store video screens & social media
• Conceptualize, generate ideas, layouts and designs that constantly improve the DFS visual performance with meticulous attention to details
• Support project management with production specifics that are important to the look & feel
• Be aware of trends and have the ability to translate them into innovative digital creative
• Team-up with Digital Marketing ensuring that requests have been designed in time and on budget
• Permanent development of technical skills