Job DescriptionThe Senior Manager of Merchandise Financial Planning and Reporting is responsible for all Merchandising Financial development and communication including but not limited to the merchandise financial plan, forecast, expense management to support DFS strategic and financial objectives. He / She works closely with the Divisions across DFS global network, Corporate Finance Team, Product Category SVPs/ VPs / Directors to align on Sales, Gross Margin and inventory for the buildup of DFS Financials. The role is also responsible for the financial alignment of Merchandise expenses, audit procedures, account balance reconciliation and other Merchandise expenses. He / she provides insightful findings and recommendation to DFS senior teams on Financial opportunities and risks. The Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Reporting is in a key position to ensure cross functional connectivity and alignment between DFS Merchandising, Division Operation, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Reporting, and Control for Expenses, Gross Margin and Inventory KPIs.
Requirements: - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA beneficial - 5 – 7 years experience in finance / accounting with three years at Manager level or above - SAP, BPC - Proven leadership in a multi-cultural work environment - Action Oriented - Business Acumen - Dealing with Ambiguity - Developing Direct Reports - Interpersonal Savvy - Managing Vision and Purpose - Organizational Agility - Strategic Agility - Able to lead teams through ambiguity and change. - Global business experience preferred.
The Ideal CandidateKey Responsibilities:
• Develop and Align the financial sales, gross margin, gross profit and inventory by Category and Division for the Budget, Projection, and 5 year Strategic Plan
• Insure Merchant and Division alignment to all financial budgets and projections. Communicate regularly to both Corporate Finance and Merchant Leadership
• Develop, track and communicate all Merchandising Expense budgets and projections.
• Develop and refine Standard Operating Procedures for merchandising team; ensure compliance to company policies, accounting treatments, and auditing standards
• Develop tops-down Financial division category Plan and Forecast that supports company’s profit objectives
• Review category bottom up financial Plan and Forecast, ensure alignment with company’s strategies and financial objectives
• Collaborate with Corporate FP&A, Operation and Control, and Global Finance to ensure alignment of Sales, Gross Profit, and Inventory in company’s Budget, Forecast, and Strategic Plan Reporting and Analysis
• Monthly and Weekly reports and presentation to DFS senior management Review and analyses the company’s monthly performance of Sales, Gross Profit, and Inventory
• Leads statistical and quantitative analysis as requested by DFS senior management
• Report Merchandise Expense on a monthly basis Division Partner Relations
• Develops and maintains effective working partnership with FP&A, Finance, and Operation & Control
• Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of merchandising work processes