Job DescriptionEstablish, maintain and improve with local Ground Operators, travel agents and hotels in ensuring maximum customer penetration to DFS through regular sales visit. Ensuring that DFS Fondaco is the preferred Retail of choice and by supporting the development, coordination and implementation of marketing and promotional programs and activities. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to grow DFS Italy.
• Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Tourism Economics & Sales
• Minimum 5/7 years of experience in a large organization with a primary focus on business development of international customer base in the fields of tourism / retail / entertainment
• Fluency in English / Italian
The Ideal CandidateKey Responsibilities:
Sales & business developement
• Represent DFS & the Fondaco, be the DFS ambassador to increase and strengthen DFS brand awareness
• Identify new local and worldwide business partners/customers (operator tour, hotel, travel agency… ) in relation with the Senior Regional TIM Manager
• Define a strategy for B2B prospecting & developing loyalty amongst the Fondaco’s foreign customers (and local to a certain extend)
• Develop an approach that clearly segments the market and is in line with DFS’s objectives & targets
• Prospect the Fondaco’s international clientele pre-departure in collaboration with foreign & Italian touristic operators worldwide
• Prospect the Fondaco international clientele in Venice in collaboration with local hospitality, entertainment & other business partners
• Negotiate the terms of agreements, define our commission policy, conclude sales contract & build the partnerships in detail with all business partners
• Pilot all levers of profitability
• Permanently research new business opportunities and research key decision makers within operators, organisations and companies
• Research the evolution and developments of international tourists flows & travel habits Business monitoring
• Develop and maintain business relationships with main travel partners, conducting regular briefings and meetings, monitoring needs and requirements
• Ensure that all accounts assigned are effectively serviced with a view to support and develop future business opportunities
• Monitor individual reward programs to encourage host manager performance
• Work closely with the senior Regional/Global TIM manager on offer ideas and initiatives regarding growth opportunities or avenues to increase DFS awareness, visit and sales.
• Manage monthly and yearly sales analysis (visit, sales conversion…)
• Follow up activities / business reportings
• Elaborate corrective actions plans Marketing & Communication
• Build and set up marketing and promotional programs and activities for travel partners
• Coordinate implementation of marketing and promotional actions.
• In collaboration with the marketing team, develop & manage communication supports destined to main travel partners
• Build and manage the marketing and communication budget & forecast for clientele development Events coordination
• Set up planning of DFS representation at trade shows. Arrange and attend trade shows and industry exhibitions as required.
• Invite new business partners to visit the Fondaco via shopping tours and hosted famils
• Coordinate and organize regular store tour/ famils for existing host /business partners.