Job DescriptionThe Senior Manager, Global Regulatory and Trade Compliance is responsible for implementing and overseeing the maintenance of internal import/export processes and controls to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with relevant Government regulations. In collaboration with internal business partners, the role monitors the conduct of activities for adherence to regulatory import/export procedures throughout the business life cycle.
• University Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of leadership experience in import/export trade compliance management
• Customs Brokers License an advantage
• Possesses a high-energy level and understand the need for speed and agility in accomplishing tasks within ones’ area of responsibility.
• Completes and manages daily tasks and projects in a systematic and orderly manner. Works efficiently and effectively utilizes their time.
• Uses data, logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions and minimizes the impact of emotion and personal interest in decision making.
• Knowledgeable in current and possible future practices, trends, and technology related to import, export, inventory, global trade and supply chain management.
• Flexible, adjusts readily to new situations and changing priorities while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Discreet.
• Global business experience preferred
The Ideal CandidateKey Responsibilities:
• Work with global team members, business leaders and other key stakeholders to successfully implement trade compliance programs
• Manage and oversee the maintenance of global compliance policies and procedures for use by key business partners and train appropriate personnel on requirements to ensure on-going compliance
• Influence all functions in the organisation regarding importance of compliance and drive understanding, adherence to and improvements of compliance in each function related to their responsibilities
• Assist with strategic projects to improve efficiency, compliance and cost reduction initiatives
• Develop process with various internal functions in obtaining import/export licenses, agreements, permits, certification and similar
• Manage and maintain reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of import/export process. Report on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities
• Identify training needs, develop and provide training pertaining to import/export requirements
• Monitor import/export compliance through self-assessment audits with the goal of identifying weakness and risk. Develop actionable plans and procedures to mitigate those risks
• Be the primary interface to various internal partners regarding interpretation of regulatory requirements or Company trade policies and procedures
• Keep abreast of regulatory changes that may affect the company and its affiliates, revise trade compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing rules and business needs
• Ensure accurate classification of the company’s commodities under applicable import, export or controlled goods regulations
• Working knowledge of various Global Supply Chain Security Programs ea. CTPAT, TradeFirst and other similar programs