True to Browns style, our take on jewellery and watches means this department is filled with a unique assortment of one-of-a-kind pieces and custom capsule jewellery collections exclusive to Browns. We're looking for a passionate Fine Jewellery Manager to take the lead in owning our dedicated Fine Jewellery & Watches department, based in our flagship Mayfair boutique.
* Be the retail 'voice' for Fine Jewellery in our business, taking ownership of how the department is presented to customers and engaged with by our teams.
* Understand the commercial objectives of the Fine Jewellery and Watch department as a whole, and per category in order to design and implement the sales strategy to deliver the plan.
* Drive Fine Jewellery and Watch sales with a multi-channel approach, through both our flagship South Molton Street and Brown East stores, as well as brownsfashion.com.
* Take pride in how you and your team are curating experiences for all clients within the jewellery department, engaging clients in a journey to discover, explore and interact with product.
* Lead the Fine Jewellery sales team, supporting them to achieve their KPI's and develop their skills.
* Engage in regular coaching and training relating to jewellery product, styling, and storytelling, transferring your knowledge and passion to upskill and build confidence in all retail members.
* Continuously self-educate on all aspects of brands, collections and products building extensive knowledge (including technical, materials, stones and diamond knowledge) and encourage your team do the same.
* Drive a culture of clientelling in the jewellery department, motivating the team to collect and use high quality data to cultivate genuine long-term relationships with clients.
* Encourage the team to participate in after-sales service, including supporting with product serving & repairs.
* Analyse sales performance across the department, identifying patterns and opportunities, and translating these into practical tactics for the team to drive performance.
* Work with the store management team to exchange ideas and initiatives designed to support the sales performance of each other's' respective departments.
* Work in partnership with the Jewellery Buying departments, maintaining constant communication to offer performance insight, client feedback and suggestions to improve the assortment and allocation to drive commercial performance.
* Work consultatively with clients to facilitate bespoke and custom orders for limited edition and one-off pieces, helping clients to achieve their vision for the product.
* Work closely with the VIP team in order to generate sales opportunities for high-value pieces for our elite clients.
* Work closely with the VIP team to prepare for and facilitate trunk shows and client events, driving client attendance and client engagement.
* Manage stock integrity by running stock reports, accountable for daily stock counts and resolving any discrepancies promptly.
* Ensure the team are aware of, trained and follow jewellery security procedures, ensuring 100% compliance.
* Follow VM standards to ensure product is presented in the most appealing way.
* Take responsibility for day to day store operations inside and outside of your department, supporting the management team and wider business as required.
* Proven experience within a luxury jewellery business.
* Strong leadership skills with an interest in coaching and developing others.
* GIA (or equivalent) qualified.
* Proven track record in contributing towards achieving departmental targets.
* Strong ability to build clientele and manage your customer book effectively
* Confidence to build and maintain relationships with clients.
Required skills & expertise: Sales, Jewellery, Watches, Management
Company Snapshot: Browns is one of the world's most iconic fashion retailers, famous for discovering designers from Alexander McQueen and John Galliano to Christopher Kane and Simone Rocha. Founded in 1970 and committed to providing the best edit of global design talent, this search for creativity, innovation and originality defines the Browns spirit. In May 2015, Browns was bought by Farfetch enabling Browns to retain its strong DNA, but leverage Farfetch's resources and world-class, global technology platform.
Browns now enters into a new era with the objective of re-establishing Browns and Brownsfashion.com as the coolest boutique brand in the world. Join us on this incredibly exciting journey as we take steps to redefine luxury boutique shopping.
From our stunning open plan head office in the heart of East London, where we offer free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday, to our beautiful boutiques located in iconic South Molton Street and super cool Shoreditch, Browns offers you an opportunity to work with inspirational and innovative teams, defining the future of luxury.
The Ideal Candidate
Please see job description