Launched in 2017 as a creative and cultural hub, Browns East (aka. BEast) is a concept store like no other. Located in the back streets of Shoreditch, BEast is a unique space were we welcome the community to experience something beyond luxury fashion alone. This is a special place where we engage the community in an ever-changing roster of art, music, and hospitality, whilst showcasing our clever Store of The Future technology. Due to internal promotion, we are now looking for a passionate retail leader to join Browns Fashion as our Store Experience Manager. Our Manager will have a strong handle on people development, driving sales performance, supporting in store events and utilising technology to deliver unique experiences for our customer, as well as having a passion for luxury fashion.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with wider teams to ensure the vision for Browns East is echoed at every touch point.
- Provide inspirational and a motivational leadership to the team.
- Ensure that customers receive a positive customer experience enhanced by store of the future technology with expert product knowledge.
- Host Brown and Farfetch partners using the upmost discretion within the store.
- Translate strategic and business goals into concrete and individual action and objectives in line with achieving 'the coolest multichannel boutique' status.
- Assist in any Press and Marketing related activity, including events, representing the brand and engaging with key figures.
- Adopt new technology the business releases, leading from the front to encourage implementation, usage, and influence resistance.
- Engage in continuous team training concerning all technology implementations, products and adapting the customer journey to impact customer experience.
- Through the team, promote the adoption of Store of the Future technology and work closely with SOF team to ensure training needs and requirements are set out for any new releases.
- Analysing sales reports and identifying opportunities and risks.
- Remain in regular communication with the buying and merchandising team, addressing topics related to deliveries, orders for brownsfashion.com and farfetch.com and stock levels.
- Support the team in developing relationships with new and existing clients to maintain & grow the client base, ensuring adherence to VIC best practice, and collaborating with VIC Manager to support all VIC activity.
- Engage in employee performance management, leading all performance related discussions, offering strategy and practical solutions to improve performance.
- Conduct floor walks on a daily basis to maintain awareness of product and merchandising standards, ensure the team are utilising floor plans, replenishing stock, and following VM guidelines.
- Run stock reports on weekly basis, conducting spot checks and working with the Operations team and Stock team to investigate negative stock and resolve discrepancies.
- Work in partnership with the Buying and Merchandising functions, as well as warehouse and Stock Control teams to provide feedback on product, request product, and implement action plans to increase turnover and profitability driven by product.
- Prepare weekly reporting for key stakeholders, including figures, snapshot of trade, highlights, lowlights and any suggestions to improve the business.
- Adopt new technology the business releases, leading from the front to encourage implementation and usage, and influence resistance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about the future of retailing.
- Extensive management experience in a retail environment, which is service and sales lead.
- Maturity in approach to people management and strong leadership experience in managing large and diverse teams.
- Hands on approach to team and operational management of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels and influence those around them.
- Solid experience in engaging in both informal and formal performance management process.
- Excels in coaching, training, and contributing to the development and succession planning of team members.
- Positive nature and ability to lead from the front, inspiring others.
- Extensive knowledge and passion for luxury fashion.
- Brand ambassador for Browns, representing and upholding our brand values.