Job DescriptionThe Team Lead - Sales role reports to the Product Sales Manager (PSM). This is a key role in the delivery of DFS’ promise of being The World Traveler's Preferred Destination for Luxurious Shopping. They inspire, lead and develop the sales team to deliver a seamless customer experience as exceptional people who are delivering exceptional product, building customer loyalty and relationships while delivering sales and productivity targets. The Team Lead proactively coaches and updates the sales team regularly on opportunities for continuous improvement of skills and knowledge. They foster a service environment that empowers and develops a cohesive and focused team that passionately creates unique and memorable, luxury service experiences that builds our brand and customer loyalty and delivers sales. Like the PSM they report to, the Team Lead possesses a passion for the brands and products they represent. This position is based out of the T Galleria Waikiki location.
• High School diploma or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Bachelors degree preferred.
• Secondary language speaking beneficial, but not required.
• 1-2 years of retail leadership experience.
• Key competencies include: strong interpersonal skills, solution based, energetic, team oriented, ability to multi-task, composure under pressure, keen to learn.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well with people at various levels.
• Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
• Must be able to have a flexible schedule as required by the needs of the business.
The Ideal CandidateKey Responsibilities:
1. Selling and the Customer Experience
• Align the customer experience to the company promise-to be the World Traveler's Preferred Destination for Luxurious Shopping. o Lead, inspire and celebrate exceptional customer experiences.
• Drive sales: action sales, clearance, promotions, and incentive targets with passion. Focus on ways to increase and continually improve o Conversion of customers from non-buying to buying; o Spend per transaction, and o Average Units per Sale (AUS).
• Manage your sales floor: Ensure a high energy, positive floor experience for staff and customers o Observe, coach and react to what is happening around you to continually improve the customer experience and team productivity o Manage team visibility on the shop floor for optimal staffing and floor coverage
• Effectively partner with the Loyal T team to enhance the customer experience 2. Team & Service Management
• Effectively communicate company overall objectives and how the sales team are critical to driving the achievement of company vision, store sales targets and strategies for those objectives. Ensure the Beauty Advisor's have clear goals and objectives which remain focused on the customer experience and productivity targets.
• Review sales productivity and individual sales team member’s performance/commission performance on a regular basis.
• Create and promote a positive work and industrial relations environment in line with DFS beliefs, employee related policies and practices and local environment considerations. Responsible for sales staff retention, development and job satisfaction levels. Provide effective team leadership through open communication, training, coaching and active encouragement of the sales team to meet or exceed location sales and profitability targets, while role modeling desired behaviors.
• Ensure a development plan is in place and actively reviewed for each of your sales team. Work with your PSM to identify future potential PSM’s and Team Leaders and ensure development plans for this talent
• Lead, coach and train your team to ensure they are consistently growing in skills, confidence and effectiveness in their roles. In addition to service levels this includes the sales team’s continual improvement and refinement of sales techniques and product knowledge, and effective translation into customer penetration and staff productivity results. 3. Product Management
• Responsibility for being the primary communication link between product merchants and the customer, including regular phone and email communications. Actively prepare and participate in Brand conference calls and meetings.
• Maintain a very high standard of product and brand knowledge for your area, and ensure the same from your team
• Maintain and enhance local brand relationships, while upholding confidentiality in sales and performance related information
• Ensure floor presentation meets or exceeds brand and DFS requirements
• Participate in the development and execution of merchandise strategy including promotions, seasonal buys, and event strategies for the brand.
• Set and maintenance of appropriate Presentation Stock levels
• Facilitate the interests of the best clients via the product. 4. General
• Actively participate in corporate charity initiatives, local community and government activities to demonstrate DFS’ commitment to the local community in both business and social senses.
• Actively promote the DFS brand and a strong positive professional image at all times.
• Complete internal reports and participate in various projects as/when required.
• Communicate with your PSM on relevant store issues.
• Manage team compliance with all company policies and procedures, Customs regulations and relevant trading laws, raising any concerns or issues to your PSM or AGM Operations.
• Ensure that the workplace is safe, with the premises and behaviors of employees not imposing