The Store Manager oversees the retail store team and is responsible for maximizing retail sales and maintaining a high standard of customer service. They should strive to develop, maintain and expand customer base by capitalizing on high-profile clientele and sales. Ensures the retail establishment runs efficiently and effectively and also staffs and manages a retail sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability.
% of Time
Maximizes sales through joint operational and commercial focus and takes action to obtain highest level of profitability for the store.
Ensures high quality direct and indirect customer service by providing the best shopping experience for each customer.
Coach and develop retail associates to meet store sales goals, visual presentation directives and customer services standards. Exercise intellectual and creative discretion and judgment in management and leadership of store employees.
Responsible for the implementation of clienteling strategies.
Analyzes selling reports and monthly profitability reports. Delegates’ authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up. Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction. Has working knowledge and oversees use of all Company systems in stores.
Communicates and implements corporate directives to retail associates in a timely and effective manner. Manages and ensures stock level is appropriate to maximize selling. Ensures the garment presentation, garment level and visual standards are presented according to Joie expectations. Ensures and follows up on all activities concerning campaigns, promotions and sales activities of the store.
Works closely with buying and planning team on merchandising and reorder needs. Work with Corporate HR to process new hire paperwork and to resolve performance related challenges. Ensures proper completion of cash office operational functions. Follows and executes safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety.
Ability to Travel to corporate office and other store locations when needed Any and all other functions, duties, projects as assigned
District Manager’s, Director of Stores, all store staff, Store Manager’s, HR, Retail Operations, and Merchandising & Planning teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience
- Experience in developing and maintain store visuals
- Experience in leadership, training & development of retail staff
- Knowledge of basic retail math and cash management techniques
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
- Proficient with standard office and retail environment equipment (phones, cash registers, security/surveillance systems etc.)
- Intermediate MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to reach overhead
- Must be able to pick up 30-50lbs
- Must be able to climb a ladder or stepstool