Vince, a luxury leader in Women and Men's contemporary apparel, seeks a dynamic, customer service driven Assistant Store Manager for our Pacific Palisades, CA store.
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the daily operation of the store. He/she must demonstrate leadership by maximizing profits, sales and the customer service experience. The ASM will be responsible for contributing a significant amount of the stores sales and will be goaled according to the store’s monthly sales plan. This individual will help to hire, train and manage store associates to achieve the sales and profit goals. The ASM will model the standards for customer service. While the manager is on duty, the assistant will ensure that the store maintains excellent visual presentation and housekeeping standards. He/she will operate the store in accordance with the company’s operational guideline, follow all loss control.
- Achieve and exceed individual productivity and sales goals
- Assist in achieving and exceeding the store’s productivity and sales goals
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by modeling the desired customer service behavior and coaching the staff to achieve the same results. Practice and teach client development to the staff.
- Assist the store manager to recruit, train, motivate and retain quality sales associates.
- Assist the store manager in evaluation of individual associate’s performance to goals
- Help maintain a high level of visual merchandising and housekeeping standards.
- Perform daily opening and closing procedures including daily paperwork reconciliation and other operational tasks
- Protect store assets and inventory. Bring any potential shrinkage information to the store manager’s attention
- Enforce the company policies and procedures
- Client Book Management and Clienteling
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in luxury retail management
- Full understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, Word, Excel and email
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem solving skills. Delegate responsibility and work to the staff.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives
- A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, who is sales focused and takes full ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- A mentor and leader to staff and peers. Developing individual’s strengths and identifying opportunities.
- A trainer able to teach skills in customer service, selling, and operations
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits.
Vince, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Vince, LLC also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.