Vince is seeking a dynamic, customer service driven Store Manager for our The Grove, Los Angeles, CA store.
The Store Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the store. He/she must demonstrate leadership by maximizing profits, sales and the customer service experience. The Store Manager will hire, train and manage store associates to achieve the sales and profit goals, while also ensuring that store maintains excellent visual presentation and housekeeping standards. The Store Manager operates the store in accordance with the company’s operational guidelines while also following all loss control procedures and ensuring proper floor coverage to maximize store volume.
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations
- Improve profitability by managing controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and shrinkage
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor
- Teach and monitor each associate to do client development
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain quality sales associates. Have bench strength for potential open positions.
- Set goals and manage to expectations by clearly communicating to the staff the metrics by which success is measured in each area of the business
- Meet monthly with each associate to discuss performance by reviewing productivity vs. goals. Coach and provide suggestions for improvement as necessary and address with progressive documentation as required.
- Maintain a high level of visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Perform daily paperwork reconciliation and other operational tasks
- Protect store assets and inventory. Reconcile inventory to identify and reduce shrinkage.
- Implement company policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum three years experience in retail management
- Full understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising and store operations
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, Word, Excel and email
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem solving skills. Delegate responsibility and work to the staff.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives
- A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, who is sales focused and takes full ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- A mentor and leader to staff and peers. Developing individual’s strengths and identifying opportunities.
- A trainer able to teach skills in customer service, selling, and operations
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits.
Vince, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Vince, LLC also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.